Saturday, January 28, 2012

Alex, Interpreter-in-Training

Alex was "helping" me make out the grocery list last Saturday. He actually is kind of helpful. I give him a cookbook of easy weeknight meals and make him pick something. Of course, that meant one night last week we had Taco Dogs (hot dogs wrapped in tortillas with lettuce, refried beans and cheese) but it was one less night I had to decide what to cook. Anyway, when I tired of all the assistance I was receiving, I sent him into the kitchen to ask Art if he needed anything from the store. I listened from the living room as Art went through the list of toilet paper, toothpaste, floss, mouthwash and so on, how much he had of each and then concluded that no, he didn't need anything. When Alex walked back into the living room, I asked him, "Did Dad say he needed anything?"

"No," Alex replied, "but HE said it in a way more complicated way." Therein lies the danger in asking Dad questions. It's better that he learn now!

No comments:

Post a Comment