Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Shark Tooth

We noticed last night that Alex has a new tooth growing in behind one of his front bottom teeth. (He's been wiggling that one and telling us it was loose.) We had no idea that the new one was there. Alex thinks it's cool that he has two rows of teeth there, like a shark. Now he's hoping that the rest of his permanent teeth grow in like that. Actually, he wants five rows of teeth - best case scenario. I pointed out that would be hard to do without biting his tongue, A LOT. He agreed.

Guess I need to get to work on the tooth fairy pillow. I've got the pattern, just need to start sewing.

While handing out candy to my officemates today Alex told them his valentine was Gretchen. (Of course.) In class yesterday they were supposed to draw a picture of themselves with their valentine and write a sentence that began "My Valentine is." I was across the room working with the candy hearts so I couldn't see Alex's work. Their teacher told them it could be their mom, their dad or anyone else. She walked past me and said, "Alex's is so going to be Gretchen." When I asked him later who his valentine was, he looked at me as if I was crazy, "Gretchen." Duh!

No comments:

Post a Comment