Thursday, May 5, 2011

Chef Crabby

One day during Spring Break Alex and I went to Greenville to the Children's Museum. It was great, but crowded. He loves that place. We also went to the art museum next door. Less love from Alex, but I found out that he has a deep affinity for modern art. Alas, they do not let you touch the artwork. They were very definite about it, too. Especially Lee Krasnick's, even if you must find out how the big glops of paint feel. And, they made me carry the paper kite he made at the Children's Museum. Apparently he did not look trustworthy with a kite in that wide open exhibit space.

On the way home in traffic we pulled up behind an SUV with a news crew inside. I pointed it out to Alex. He demanded that I pull up beside them so we could see who it was. After several blocks we were next to them. I did not puposely chase them down, I swear. Disappointingly, the driver was not a recognizable celebrity. He was in a t-shirt and baseball hat. I told Alex that he must be a cameraman or something. From the back seat, with a big sigh, he said, "Oh, I see like 15 camerman every day." Really? "Yeah, down in my secret lair. Crabby has a cooking show."

So not only is there a secret lair below our house (oops - let that cat out of the bag!) with a top-secret science lab, his invisible crab is also filming cooking shows there. My life is even stranger than I knew! I suppose this is a natural progression for Crabby since he was such a stellar Subway employee last year. Perhaps that inspired him to continue in the culinary arts. Now if I could only get him to cook dinner for us. Maybe if we went vegetarian?

No comments:

Post a Comment