Saturday, April 3, 2010

Alex's Alternate Uses for Easter Grass

Mimi sent Alex an Easter box full of treats and a pair of red Crocs. (His annual pair, I think we're on his third.) She used lime green Easter grass as packing material. Here is what he's done with it so far:

Use 1: pom-poms. Alex woke me up yesterday morning, standing in my bedroom door, both hands full of Easter grass. "Go, Clemson!" Shake, shake, shake. "Oh, look, Mom, I left a trail from the living room." I bet you did.

Use 2: bug cemetery. I was in the back of the house this morning when I heard a large THUD. "Alex, what was that?" "Oh, I just killed a bug." Okay. When I came into the living room a few minutes later there was a pile of Easter grass on the wood floor. "What's that?" Alex said, "Oh, that's where I killed the bug." Art joined us at that point. "Where is the bug?" I asked. "Oh, it's under the grass," Alex explained. Huh? "Mom, it's his century." I was puzzled, "Century?" "Yeah, he's dead, it's his century." Art got it. "Is it his cemetery?" Alex was very pleased, "Yes, it's his cemetery." After that, I threw the Easter grass away.

No comments:

Post a Comment