Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Day 3: Still Sick


Alex is still fighting the virus but he's not too bad off. I'm trying to catch up on things around the house while he's laid up watching cartoons. It's so cold out we don't really mind staying inside. I think we're going to have to postpone his birthday party for a couple of weeks, though. I definitely don't want to try it this weekend, and next weekend is out because of the MLK holiday.


I guess I could go back to my baking. My dear husband got me a Kitchen Aid stand mixer for Christmas, and I went a little nuts with it this weekend. By Sunday evening we had: gingerbread cookies, white bread, cinnamon bread, chocolate chip scones and a couple of unrelated casseroles. Art asked about the bread. I told him we no longer had to buy bread, I could take care of it from here on out. He said that he'd seen this level of enthusiasm before, and didn't think it would last. He probably knows me too well. Here's a picture of the beautiful bounty.


No comments:

Post a Comment